Dongs-Key Profesinal Fletching Set
Dongs-Key Professional Fletching Set
the Dongs-Key Professional Fletching Set is a perfect DIY toolkit for fletching vanes or feathers on the arrow shaft.
What is included in the set:
• Fletching Jig
• Small box cutter knife
• Sanding pad of Scouring pad
• Acetone – cleaning (flammable) solvent
• Glue - glue designed for fletching vanes & feather on aluminum, carbon, fiberglass & wood shafts
How to fletch an arrow:
1. Clean the shaft from old vanes/feathers, tape, wraps, glue, etc.
2. Clean the shaft with the Acetone.
3. Place the shaft in the fletching jig.
4. Clean the groove of the vane/feather.
5. Place the vane/feather in the fletching clamp.
6. Put a little glue on the vane/feather. (cover the complete surface of the groove, but do not overdo)
7. Place the clamp on the fletching jig against the shaft (applying slight pressure).
8. Let it rest for a few minutes, so the vane can attach.
9. Repeat the steps 4 to 8 for the 2nd and 3rd vane.
10. Remove the arrow from the fletching jig.
11. Put a small drop of glue at both ends of all the vanes/feathers.
Do not use the arrow for the next 24h (glue needs to bind).
(preferably store them separately, not in a tight quiver or arrow tube)
After 24h your new fletched arrows are good to go.
If you want to learn more about maintenance of your equipment, we kindly invite you to attend one of the workshops by Archery Learning Projects
Archery Tech Team